Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - 2019 Nominees

So, the Nominees were announced for the class of 2019 at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

And I have to say, I'm unimpressed.

Here's the nominees, ranks (as I always do) by the number of songs on my iPod:




  • John Prine (39 songs)
  • Def Leppard (29 songs)
  • Todd Rundgren (16 songs)
  • The Zombies (14 songs)
  • Roxy Music (11 songs)
  • Kraftwerk (5 songs)
  • Devo (4 songs)
  • Stevie Nicks (3 song)
  • Rufas and Chaka Khan (2 songs)
  • MC5 (1 song)
  • Janet Jackson (0 songs)
  • LL Cool J (0 songs)
  • Radiohead (0 songs)
  • Rage Against The Machine (0 songs)
  • The Cure (0 songs)


I thought this would be the the least represented slate of nominees ever, but last year was actually a bit worse (average 7.6 songs per nominee vs 8.3).  Not that representation on my iPod means that much.  Except to me.

My top 3 oversights remain the same as last year:

  • The Monkees (161 songs)
  • The Doobie Brothers (101 songs)
  • Weird Al Yankovic (31 songs)

No comments: