Friday, March 11, 2011

33 Year Ago This Week (My Sr. Year Of High School)

Early March 1978, I was counting down to High School Graduation.  So what was on the radio?

11 Songs debuted on the Billboard Hot-100 on 3/4/1978, only 4 of which would break the coveted Top-40.  Do you remember:
I only know one, ARS......  I'm rather surprised, even though I didn't listen to much "pop" radio by '78...  And the 7 that didn't make the Top 40?  I don't remember any of them.  I did this experiment this week for 3 years from the 70's and was kind of surprised by the results.  Maybe March just isn't when hits are released?

The other 7:
  • Your Love Is So Good For Me - Dianna Ross (#53)
  • Rumour Has It - Donna Summer (#53)
  • Put Your Head On My Shoulder - Leif Garrett (#58)
  • It Amazes Me - John Denver (#59)
  • Disco Rufus - Stargard
  • Love Is All You Need - High Inergy (89)
  • Woman To Woman - Barbara Mandrell (#92)
Anybody know any of them?

And, to close it off, a random image, taken from my camera phone while stuck in traffic on today's communte home:

No comments: