Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Hot 100 Chart 1974-04-6

I’m a few days behind on posting, sorry! Meanwhile, if it’s Wednesday, then I’m spotlighting 1974:

 
On the Top 40 this week in 1974?  Blue Swede’s remake of “Hooked on a Feeling” was number 1. While a lot of folks loath this version, I kind of like it. Perhaps because I was 13 when it came out? And while the Hooga-Chucka, Hooga-Hooga can be a bit much, it’sway better that stuff like “Seasons In The Sun” which was out at the same time (and #4 this week)……

 
Biggest movers (up) this week (in 1974):

 
  • The Loco-Motion - Grand Funk Railroad, up 16 spots to #22
  • (I've Been) Searchin' So Long – Chicago, up 10 spots to #39
  • Dancing Machine - Jackson 5, up 9 spots to #31

 Biggest Movers (down):

 
  • My Sweet Lady - Cliff DeYoung, down 12 to #36
  • The Way We Were - Barbra Streisand, down 11 to #34
  • Spiders And Snakes - Jim Stafford, down 10 to 35
  • Sexy Mama – Moments – down 10 to 41

 Notable Debuts:

  •  Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing - Stevie Wonder (on the way to #16)
  • Silver Threads and Golden Needles – Linda Ronstadt (which did not break Top 40, but is still a great song).

Random stats of the week:

 
Longest song in theTop 40 this week (in 1974): Piano Man – Billy Joel at 5:35

Longest Title: Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do) - Aretha Franklin

No comments: