Saturday, April 16, 2011

Music Charts – 4/16/1977



Ah, spring of 1977. I was living in Pittsburgh, finishing up my junior year of high school, on the edge of 17 (but not at all like a white winged dove)….   And the scientific community was fretting about the coming ice-age...  So what was playing on the pop charts?

  1. Don't Give Up On Us - David Soul
  2. Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston
  3. Southern Nights - Glen Campbell
  4. Hotel California - Eagles
  5. The Things We Do For Love - 10CC
  6. Dancing Queen - ABBA
  7. I've Got Love On My Mind - Natalie Cole
  8. Love Theme From 'A Star Is Born' (Evergreen) - Barbra Streisand
  9. So In To You - Atlanta Rhythm Section
  10. Rich Girl - Hall & Oates

 Several memorable songs there, most notably Hotel California and So Into You. And lots of good R&R splattered throughout the Hot 100. Some of songs that were dominating my radio (all of which I have on my iPod today):

  • Carry On My Wayward Son – Kansas (#14)
  • Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band (#26)
  • Heard It In A Love Song - Marshall Tucker Band (#37)
  • Feels Like The First Time – Foreigner (#45)
  • Cinderella – Firefall (#54)
  • Back In The Saddle - Aerosmith (#70)
  • Dreams - Fleetwood Mac (#77)
  • Sleepwalker – Kinks (#58)
  • Arrested For Driving While Blind - ZZ Top (#92)





No comments: