Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Music Charts - 4/19/1975


Continuing yesterday’s music theme of what Hot-100 songs I have on my ipod…. Today (4/19) was the day the charts came out in 1975, so let’s look at that. I was kind of surprised yesterday when I had 26 of the 100 songs from this week in 1970. Well, that’s nothing compared to 1975. I’ve got a whopping 33 songs from this week, exactly 1/3 the list! And a pretty cool week it was! I made a playlist, and have been listening today. So, what songs from 4/19/75 are on my iPod? Just these:


  • Autobahn – Kraftwerk (#29)
  • Bad Time – Grand Funk Railroad (#35)
  • Bloody Well Right – Supertramp (#74)
  • Chevy Van – Sammy Johns (#58)
  • Cut The Cake – Average White Band (#58)
  • Don’t Call Us, We’ll Call You – Sugarloaf (#42)
  • Emma – Hot Chocolate (#9)
  • Good Lovin’ Gone Bad – Bad Company (#89)
  • Hang On Sloopy – Rick Derringer (#94)
  • Harry Truman – Chicago (#38)
  • How Long – Ace (#23)
  • I'll Play For You - Seals and Crofts (#59)
  • Jackie Blue - Ozark Mountain Daredevils (#16)
  • Killer Queen – Queen (22)
  • Lady Marmalade - Patti LaBelle (#11)
  • Long Tall Glasses (I Can Dance) - Leo Sayer (#15)
  • Magic – Pilot (#61)
  • Only Women Bleed - Alice Cooper (#57)
  • Only Yesterday – Carpenters (#28)
  • Pinball - Brian Protheroe (#69)
  • Poetry Man - Phoebe Snow (#25)
  • Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot (#49)
  • Shining Star - Earth, Wind and Fire (#14)
  • Sister Golden Hair – America (#46)
  • Stand By Me - John Lennon (#24)
  • Tangled Up In Blue - Bob Dylan (#62)
  • The Hustle - Van McCoy (#95)
  • The No No Song - Ringo Starr (#4)
  • Trampled Under Foot - Led Zeppelin (#77)
  • When Will I Be Loved? - Linda Ronstadt (#52)
  • Wildfire - Michael Murphey (#68)
  • You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker (#32)
  • Young Americans - David Bowie (#34)

I’ve got some great memories associated with many of these songs. Spring of my first year in High School, Spring Break with family in Winston-Salem, NC, travelling to games (with the Freshman Baseball team)….  Oh yeah, both the Pet Rock and the Mood Ring were conceived splash in April, 1975.



No comments: