Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Great Songs That Missed The Top 40 - 1972

How were these NOT hits??

  • Elton John - Tiny Dancer (#41)
  • Yes - And You And I  (#42)  [OK, I get this one.  A favorite of mine, but not exactly radio friendly]
  • Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll (#47)
  • Eric Clapton - Let It Rain (*48)
  • Jackson Browne - Rock Me On The Water (#48)
  • Alice Cooper  -Be My Lover (#49)
  • Black Sabbath - Iron Man (#52)
  • Simon & Garfunkel - For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her (#53)
  • Alice Cooper - Under My Wheels (#59)
  • Stephen Stills - It Doesn't Matter (#61)
  • ZZ Top - Francene (#69)
  • David Bowie - The Jean Genie (#71)
  • Allman Brothers Band - Ain't Wastin' Time No More (#77)
  • Loggins & Messina - Vahevala (#84)
  • Allman Brothers Band - Melissa (Sweet) (#86)
  • Allman Brothers Band - One Way Out (#86)
  • Janis Joplin - Down On Me (#88)
  • John Denver Goodbye Again (#92)
  • Stephen Stills Rock And Roll Crazies (#92)
  • Traffic - Rock And Roll Stew (#93)
  • Simon & Garfunkel - America (#97)
 Actually, that would make a right nice little playlist.  I think I will!

No comments: