Thursday, January 22, 2015

Throwback Thursday #42026 - BP Revisited

From sometime in 2002 through the early 2008, I was pretty active at BetterPhoto.com.   It was a fun site, it inspired my "rejuvination" in photography, and I met a lot of cool people.  But, for me at least, it kind of ran its course.  Now, in the spirit of throwback, I figured to post some of my favorite images from those days.


 A real oldie, originally shot back in summer of 1981.  


This is (or was) Duke Homestead, in Durham, NC.  Taken in my college days when I did some work for the university newspaper.  I had been sent to shoot a tobacco spitting contest.  Funny, no photos remain from that.  Meanwhile, I posted this to BP several times, in a couple of versions.  Hoping it would get noticed, but it never did. I'm probably seeing it through "father's eyes"...   I still love the tones on this, though the composition could've probably been improved.  This is from my old Canon TX SLR, way before digital.



No comments: