Tuesday, October 15, 2024

In a motel, baby, like the Holiday Inn

I used to travel a LOT for business.  Over the past couple of years, that's changed, but we've been doing more personal travel.  Once upon a time, way back when, I decided to document travelling with a series of photos of hotel rooms, and the view from hotel rooms.  That project didn't last too long, because...  well, the average hotel room simply isn't that interesting.  Or varied.  But there's a few photos that worked out ok.

Anyway, I decided to revisit the concept during a recent trip.  So here's a couple of photos from the Holiday Inn Express in Manchester, TN.  We stayed here for 1 night recently.  We were on our way to Atlanta area, and decided to split the drive...  and drop by the Jack Daniels distillery (photos to follow?).

Anyway, here's a few photos from my phone, taken while walking around the parking lot.  A little slice of life.  I'll (probably) continue the program, and should dig through the archives for some of those old photos.  Oh yeah, the post title is from the old Elton John sone:  CLICK


Tis fence separated the parking lot from a field...  This is available light (no flash).  I really like the stars!
- - -


- - -

What do you think?  Should I keep it up?



No comments: