Monday, November 01, 2004

Moving Out....


I came in to work today, and was informed that I'm relocating.... Part of a ripple effect of an expansion in our engineering group. I suppose it's not a bad thing, I've been in the same spot for 3.5 years, whicis probably a record over the past 22 years. But it sure is a pain in the rear, tring to boxup, and sort and figure what's going to go where.... an maybe do a little work on the side. SIGH. The picture is from the the first race at Gateway International Raceway out here. It was CART series, I think 1998. I went with a friend in the tire business, had a great time. Nikon FM2 35mm SLR.

4 comments:

Jonathan S. said...

You're relocating?! Cross your fingers you're not going to Spokane. Oh my God, how horrible would that be? Spokane. I mean, Spokane for God's sakes, there's nothing there but lentil fields and mental deficients.

LSqrd said...

No, not Spokane.... Just 25 yards or so down the hall, here in wonderful Highland, IL. But for the production it it entails, you'd THINK it was across country.

Maenwhile, I remember going to an Italian restaurant in Moscow Idaho (about 80 miles south of Spokane). Really more of a glorified Pizza Parlor (with Spaghetti, even!)... Anyway, they had all this wonderful local history on the menu, including that Moscow, Idaho is the Lentil capital of the world, or something silly like that. So, I asked the waitress if they had anything made with local lentils.......... She didn't understand....

Ol' Froth said...

What's the point of moving 25 yards? Sounds like a waste of time and effort.

LSqrd said...

Oh, it's worse than that, Frothy. I'm just 4th in a set of dominos.... The people moving into my area are being displaced by people who are being displaced. The person in the cube I'm headed to is being displaced by me. I'm sure it makes perfect sense in the overall corporate masterplan!! Now if they can just get it finished so I can actually get some work done.....