Sunday, December 30, 2018

Fujifilm?

So, after 6 years with my Nikon D3200, I have a new camera!  And it represents a seismic shift!  After 35 years using Nikon cameras, I now own a Fujifilm T-X3.  And after 44 years of using SLR/DSLR, I've gone mirrorless!

It took a lot for me to get past decades of brand loyalty, but I made the jump.  A couple of drivers in my decision:  Talking with "Fujifilm Photographer" Karen Hutton after her session at Creve Coer Camera's Photopalooza,  Talking to the Fujifilm rep aad a couple of Fujifilm users at the same event, and a healthy amount of on-line research over a few weeks. (like here, here, here, here)

Yesterday was my first photo excursion, and I'm pretty happy.  A nice outing at Ellis Island, West Alton, MO.  I tried to take a variety of images, just getting a fell for the camera.  First impressions are very positive.  Maybe I'll look at the manual next!














No comments: