Monday, June 17, 2019

Golden Moment



A little bit before sunset...

Intentionally underexposed to bring out the details in the clouds.

I was at a photography event last weekend, and attended a session on Landscape Photography.  While the session was really good overall, the instructor stated that a photographer should NEVER shoot towards (or away from) the sun.  Always a a significant angle (preferably looking east or west) to bring out the texture of the land).  And that Sunsets should be studiously avoided.

On that point, I humbly disagree.

Now, maybe the image above isn't really a "landscape".  But it is a sunset.  And although it is aimed at the sun, I feel like there's a good bit of depth here, and texture.  Oh well, he's the professional, and his work is certainly better than mine (sincerely, no sarcasm intended).  However, I'll continue to shoot what I like, how I like.  And this photo pleases me.  I do hope some of y'all out there don't hate the results.

No comments: