Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Over Alton Bridge


For some reason, I'm strangely drawn to photos with the sun in frame, and ofttimes dramatically underexposed.  I dunno why, I just dig it.  I don't linger too long, because I don't want t over heat my sensor.  But man I think it's cool.  It almost looks like moonlight reflected on the waters.

I remember way back in high school, reading that underexposing a couple of stops could increase the drama of sunset photos.  So of course, on my backpacking trip, I took the concept to extreme.  Back in the days of Ektachrome slide film...

Anyway, this was taken about 1/2 way between Melvin Price Lock and Dam and the Alton Bridge.  From the bike trail along the levee.  A little more than an hour before sunset.  I posted it to 365project, and 1 person presumed it was a moon photo (he-he-he!).


No comments: