Monday, September 30, 2019

Yesterday

I believe this is an early 40's Ford... maybe 1941?? I'd welcome confirmation / correction if anyone knows more.  Looking at the internet, it seems likely, but I couldn't find anything that looked exactly right, especially the rectangular headlights.

Seen in the small town of Marine Illinois.  Just a humble photo from my iPhone, but I edited the stuffing out of it. Some time ago, I downloaded a free AP to my iPad called Inkwork... but I've never really been happy with it. In this case, I layered the Inkwork photo with the "normal" phot and blended to something I liked.




Below is the original, shot about 1/2 hr after sunset, handheld at 1/4 second exposure.  I was thinking B&W from the start, but the car kind of got lost in it, so I decided to play.  I'm pretty satisfied, actually.  And it made it to the Trending page over at 365project.




Workflow:
  1. Photo shot on iPhone 8.  Handheld.
  2. Basic modifications (brightness, contrast, etc) using Snapseed ap on my iPad
  3. Selective darkening (slight) on top left and bottom right.  Selective lightening (slight) along roof line
  4. Convert to black and white (still in snapseed)
  5. Export
  6. Open black and white version in Inkwork.  Apply effect (I don't remember exact settings)
  7. save.
  8. send all three files to computer (email)
  9. Open the two modified files, with the Inkwell image on bottom
  10. Add a very slight brown case to the inkwell layer (using a solid color layer, and screen blend)
  11. Merge the tint layer and the Inkwell layer
  12. Blend the basic black and white layer with the tinted inkwell layer till happy.
  13. flatten and save as.
  14. resize / sharpen for internet.
Sounds like a lot, but didn't take too long.


No comments: