Thursday, November 21, 2019

Life is in the side trips


Whenever possible, follow the “brown signs”. Life is in the side trips.

I was going to explain "Brown Signs", but google tells me it is an international convention.


I've been away for a few days, sorry if you've missed me.  But I made a trip to North Carolina for my younger daughter's wedding.  And I got sick.  Anyway, we were driving home, crossing Indiana on I-64, and decided to take a wander.  Just a side trip to see what we might see.  The thought was to head south from the interstate to the little town of Tell City, then follow the Ohio River for a bitWhy Tell City?  Well, why not?  I had been there once, in the early 90's, on business.  That's as good a reason as any.

So, we're headed do Indiana Rt. 37, and see a Brown Sign for a National Forest.  With a binocular icon!!  So we had to check it out.  It turned into a really nice side trip.

This was Lake Celina, between the towns of St. Croix and Tell City.  I managed a few photos I'm happy with, both with my iPhone and my Fujifilm X-T3.

Here's one:


This was my iPhone, for the wide angle.  Tweaked on the phone (with snapseed ap), and posted to facebook from car. 

And from the X-T3:



Not a beautiful day, overcast, cold....  But calm and quiet.  And a nice respite from the road.There will be more photos once I slog through and process them.

No comments: