Tuesday, February 11, 2020

What's the buzz?

So, over the past couple of days, I've gotten a rash of spam texts.  Probably 5 or 6 of them over the past 2-3 days.*  I block the numbers as they come in, so it may be more.

All of them have been related to vague job opportunities.  The most recent (the only one I didn't immediately delete) said:

Please call me Katherine.  I may have a job opening for you.  Call me at [number]

Sorry Katherine.  You don't know me, the odds are less than 0% that you have a job opportunity that would be so awesome that I would be interested.

Over the same few days I've seen a comparable uptick in apparent spam phone calls.  I say apparent, because I don't answer random phone calls from places like "American Fork, UT", and they never leave messages.


I presume I've managed to trigger some algorithm someplace.   I'm not job hunting, and can't think of anything I might've done to make the digital world think that I would be.... 
       Unless they know something I don't??????   (cue paranoia music)



*  OK, 5 or 6 texts isn't necessarily a "rash".  Unless compared to 0 over the previous 5-6 months.

 end rant

No comments: