Thursday, June 18, 2020

Macro Challenge

Over at 365project, they run lots of photo challenges, and I participate often.

One of the topics I've been stressing this year is Macro.  I've tended to struggle with macro through the years, and figured the challenge would... well...  challenge me to improve.

The current theme is POSTAGE STAMPS.  Not my favorite topic, seems a lttle like taking a picture of artwork, but I tried to add some creativity.  I found some old (late 60's) postcards, here's what I came up with:



From a 4 cent Lincoln stamp, on a postcard sent to me by my grandfather in 1966.  I could go on and on about the deep symbolism presented here:  Lincoln representing the Federal government being above above the "STATES", the torn bottom (southern) edge, blah blah blah.
- - -



Postmark from a post card sent to me in 1968, when my parents traveled to Europe.
Not really a postage stamp, but a postal stamp...
- - -

Anyway, the challenge ends tomorrow (6/19) it will be interesting to see if I get a finalist.

UPDATE 06/23/2020:  The postmark image did receive finalist, and missed (by 1 vote) being in a  runoff for winner.  So that's cool.





No comments: