Saturday, July 25, 2020

Don't Leave Your Records In The Sun, they'll warp and they won't be good for anyone...




So...  Jerry's records, in Pittsburgh has (or had?) an interesting thing, where they have (sealed) boxes of free (used) records.  The catch is, you have to take the whole box.  Well, last fall, my sin and I grabbed a box.  And there were a couple of interesting finds, lots of oddities, and several beat up copies of cool stuff without covers.

Anyway, during a recent hot spell, I grabbed one of the oddities (a polka record) and tossed it in the back window of my car.After spending the workday in the mid-west sun, this is the result.  I expected more of an evenly distributed wobble, but there's 1 massive bump.

Completely unplayable, of course.

Like the old John Hartford song:


No comments: