Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Before and After

 A simple image, but one I rather like.  Taken during a mid-day walk at Drost Park in Maryville, IL:



Taken with my iPhone, which I rather like for this kind of image, low perspective, emphasizing either the foreground or the sky.  Despite being a simple phone photo, there's quite a bit of post processing here, digital darkroom.  But subtle, not looking for something painterly, or wild.

I was inspired by a challenge over at 365project, from an informal group called "TheDarkroom".  They challenged: "This week we're showcasing our Photoshop, Snapseed, Affinity, and any other programs out there, skills to alter, enhance, change a photograph taken this week...  Be subtle to enhance or be bold and experimental.".  I went with subtle to enhance, but did a little more than I would usually do.  

In the spirit of showcasing my "skills" I also put together a before and after diptych:




No comments: