Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Old Dogs, Old Tricks


 Over at my 365project, they're doing a September challenge, Nifty-Fifty, Straight Out Of Camera.  The nifty-fifty - Straight Out Of Camera challenge, an homage to the time when you sent your film off to a processing house for the next stage in the process... at some considerable cost. Ten days to a fortnight later, you got your 'snaps' back and, if you were anything like me, you were disappointed with the results. Some didn't 'come out' and the rest didn't seem to exactly tally with your memories of the scenes that you captured.

I decided to post this because it harkens back to those days, when I was all too often disappointed in the results when I got my film back (or processed in my basement darkroom).  A poorly executed photo of a concept that was fuzzy at best. But there's a little sense of charm... maybe?

What's funny is that this photo has been better received than my actual NF-SOOC entry for the day, and has even made it to the site's "Popular" page!  So there you have it!

No comments: