Saturday, January 15, 2022

Capture52 - 52 Week Challenge - 2022 edition

So, there's a photography thing, Capture52, where they provide a weekly topic and you're challenged to take a photo based on it.    I discovered it on 365project a couple of years ago, and have dabbled with it a couple of times.  But I've never made it far into the year, never close to all 52 weeks.  But I'm giving it another shot in 2022.  It'll be interesting to see.  Besides their Facebook group (which has almost 2,400 members), and 365project, there's an Instagram hashtag, I'm trying to post to all three.  The first 2 weeks were especially hard for me, maybe getting through those will create some momentum!

Week 1 (1 Jan - 7 Jan) - Self-portrait

Introduce yourself. Who are you? What drives you? Extra challenge: Tell your story without including yourself in the image. No cheap selfies or snapchat filters!! Really put some thought into it.  I decided to include myself, as did a lot of folks.  But no "cheap selfie", this was my Fujifilm on a Tripod out in the field!



So, how do I make a self portrait that says something about me? Obviously I need a camera. And it needs to be a black and white shot. And something nature. I opted for Watershed Nature Center, one of my regular haunts for a couple of decades. Too bad I had to bundle up, and still could barely feel my fingers!

- - - - -

Week 2 (8 Jan - 14 Jan) Street Photography  

Here’s an opportunity to get out and about and try some street photography. Capture an intriguing candid moment on the street of your local neighbourhood.



Just a little "slice of Life" from the Wal Mart parking lot on a Friday evening...

- - - - -

Two weeks in, 50 to go!  At least week 3 is "Landscape".  More in my wheelhouse, at least.  Now if the days would just get a little linger so there's light after work.






No comments: