Monday, August 15, 2022

Pierre's Markette


 Pierre's Markette, The photo on Google Streetview (dated 2016) shows the name on the facade, and it seemed to be open.  But it's gone now..

I presume the name is a hat-tip to nearby Pere Marquette State Park (and Lodge)

 This was taken just a 3 minutes after sunset (per Google), and shot using one of the B&W  film modes in my Fujifilm X-T3.  I did a little crop, and then some postprocessing in Photoshop Elements, and Topaz Studio's B&W filter.   I've found that I like the dynamic adjustment in Topaz's plug ins, but they've largely been discontinued as the company is focusing on AI products.  I understand, but still makes me sad.  Looks like B&W was discontinued in late 2020. This is the kind of thing that keeps me limping along with my outdated computer:  the outdated software that does exactly what I want, and that I've invested countless hours learning to do exactly what I want...

Oh well..,  The straight from camera version is nelow if you want to compare. 

Here's a screen grab from streetview, dated September 2016:


Here's SOOC version:



No comments: