Saturday, January 20, 2024

Catpure52 Week 3 - Delicate

  So there's this thing called Capture52, where they provide a prompt per week, and you're supposed to post a photo.  I've started it a couple of times but never made it very far.  So, let's try again.  Here's my post for the 3rd week.



My entry for the 52 week challenge. Week 03 (15 Jan - 21 Jan) Delicate - Find something delicate and soft and photograph it showing just how delicate it is.

We were out Eagle watching yesterday, just a shorter excursion from Riverlands Bird Sanctuary, up the River Road to Pere Marquette State Park.  And we saw quite a few eagles, well over a dozen.  And a heron, and a hawk, and some ducks abd countless Trumpeter Swans.  But that's not what I came here to talk to you about.


Right now I want to talk about "Delicate".  I had pondered for several days abouthow to visualize delicacy.  I had taken the perfect photo the day before, but i decided to stick with the defined window, so it was out.  Anyway, while we were on our eagle watching excursion, I ended up bushwacking off a trail towards the Illinois river.  On the way back I noticed the (hawk?) feather hanging in a small crook on a small branch.  That'll do! 


I quite like how it worked, even though I only had my 85-200mm zoom with me.




No comments: