Saturday, February 03, 2024

Catpure52 Week 05 (29 Jan - 4 Feb) Wabi sabi

  So there's this thing called Capture52, where they provide a prompt per week, and you're supposed to post a photo.  I've started it a couple of times but never made it very far.  So, let's try again.  5 weeks in, and still making it.  


This week was a bit of a struggle, with the prompt "Wasi sabi : The art of imperfection. Make the imperfect shine!".  Well I struggled, and had several ideas, but nothing I was happy with.  But then I found this spot, and this photo:




My thought was the imperfection of this image, the natural scene spoiled by the signs of humans in the background.  That's do.


But after I processed and uploaded it, I got to pondering, and went to "the Google".  Which led me to this:

"Wabi Sabi: The Japanese Art of Impermanence

Taken from the Japanese words wabi, which translates to less is more, and sabi, which means attentive melancholy, wabi-sabi refers to an awareness of the transient nature of earthly things and a corresponding pleasure in the things that bear the mark of this impermanence."


I actually like the photo better with the expanded definition.  What say you?


No comments: