Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hot 100 Chart, 1975-03-15

The Billboard charts are released on Saturday, so:
On Saturday, 3/15/1975 (36 years ago) the Top 10 songs in the USA were:

  1. Black Water - Doobie Brothers
  2. My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Valli
  3. Lady Marmalade - Patti LaBelle
  4. Have You Never Been Mellow - Olivia Newton John
  5. Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton
  6. Lady - Styx
  7. Lonely People - America
  8. Express - B.T. Express
  9. Can't Get It Out Of My Head - Electric Light Orchestra
I'm kind of surprised, I only have 6 of those songs.  I surprised myself that I don't have 2 others.  Perhaps a trip to iTunes / Amazon is in order....

Meanwhile, there were a couple of notable debuts on this day in 1975: 
  • He Don't Love You (Like I Love You) - Tony Orlando & Dawn (yick, but a future #1)
  • John Lennon's cover of Stand By Me (peaked at #20)
  • Everybody's favorite German techno-band, Kraftwerk, with their only US hit:  Autobahn (peaked at #25)
  • David Bowie - Young Americans (which only peaked at 28!).




 

No comments: