Monday, May 23, 2011

American Top 40 - 05/23/1960


On this day (5/23) in 1960, The Everly Brothers started a five week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Cathy's Clown'.  Meaning, of course, that it was #1 when I was born. 

The rest of the Top 5 on 5/23/1960:
  1. Cathy's Clown - Everly Brothers
  2. Stuck On You - Elvis Presley
  3. Good Timin' - Jimmy Jones
  4. Greenfields - Brothers Four
  5. Night - Jackie Wilson

 There's not a lot of Songs from this week that are on my iPod.  In fact, Elvis Presely's "Stuck On You (at #2) is the only other song in the Top 40 I have.  In fact there's only a handfull of songs in the whole Hot 100 that I know.  Not too surprising since I wasn't born yet.  Cathy's Clown was ranked #149 on Rolling Stone Magazine's Top 500 songs of all time, and included in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame's list of 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll....

No comments: