Friday, June 03, 2011

American Top 40, June 3, 1963

OK, new twist on the AT40 thing.  I plan to spotlight a different year each day of the month.  From 1961 (June 1st) through 1990 (June 30th).  We'll see how it goes.

So today?, What was on the charts 6/3/1961?  Based on the charts released 6/1/1961:


  1. It's My Party - Lesley Gore
  2. If You Wanna Be Happy - Jimmy Soul
  3. I Love You Because - Al Martino
  4. Surfin' U.S.A. - Beach Boys
  5. Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home) - Crystals

I actually recognize 4 of those songs, and only have one.  Still, not too bad considering I was not quite 3 at the time....

Other noatbles in the Top 40:
  


One interesting note.... 

Seems like a food week, or at least Pastromi:  at #15 was Hot Pastrami by Dartells.  At #36 was Hot Pastrami With Mashed Potatoes by Joey Dee & The Starliters.  Not surprising, these were the only 2 songs ever to make the Top 40....





 


  

No comments: