Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Hummingbird Don't Fly Away, Fly Away....

So...

One of my friends at work decided to put up a hummingbird feeder, just outside the window we share.  Frankly I figured we'd never see anything.  We're in a pretty developed area, not especially near anything I'd expect to normally draw hummingbirds.  And for 4-5 weeks, there was no evidence of anything.

And then last Wednesday, boom!  We have hummingbirds!  And every (work)day since.  They were probably here over the weekend, but no one was here.  Pretty cool.  My friend went out and bought a networked camera, complete with phone ap.  So here's a snapshot of one of our guests:



And from the same camera, a video:
Hummingbirds are always fun!

So. I was discussing the whole thing with my wife, and she proceeded to pick up a hummingbird feeder at a yard sale where she was helping.  And less than 24 hrs later, at least 1 hummingbird has found it.

Anyway, all fun.
And the title, of course is from the Seals and Crofts song, which peaked at #20 in 1973.
Hummingbird


No comments: