Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Foddershock? Fodder Shock?

 A recent photo from the Chuzhao "toy" camera.  Still a fun change of pace...

Just a few hay rolls, as seen from the parking lot to Schon Park:



Very often, when I see these rolls of hay, I'm reminded of fodder shocks.  

Many years ago when I was in elementary school in WV, I was tasked with taking a photo of foddershocks.  I don't really remember the reasoning behind the assignment, but I do remember setting off (with my parents, of course) to get outside our city to look for corn fields.  Eventually we found then, and a photo was taken.  Most likely with a Kodak Instamatic, but I don't remember.  But I'm sure I giggled at the word...  say it with me:  foddershock!

I wish I had a copy of the photo, but, of course not.  I mean, it was 55-60 years ago.

- - -



No comments: