Thursday, September 22, 2011

Good? Bad? Or Just Boring?

I took this photo at lunch yesterday.  It's one of those where I'm just not sure if it works.  I like it, but I'm seeing it through biased eyes.  And the more I look at it, the more I second guess myself....




I keep wanting to write about what I was trying to "say" with this.  But I come back to:  "If you have to explain it, it didn't work".  And on that level, I don't think it works.

If you look at it full size, it exposes the deficiencies of my pocket camera. The sharpness just isn't there, the whites are blown out... The green is overpowering (I could tweak that ), The yellow flowers should be a stronger layer, the white flowers should "pop"....  That'll learn me to over-rely on the convenience factor...


I took a dozen or so images yesterday, none of them really "clicked" for me.  Most won't ever be seen.  I did come up with 2 others that are very "snapshoty" (here and here).  I remind myself of the old Ansel Adams quote:  Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop....  I'd settle for one!

No comments: