Friday, September 22, 2017

Getting Ripped




 (image from my gallery at 365project)

Over the past few weeks, I’ve been listening to a lot of vinyl.   Some of the “stuff” I’ve been playing:


  • Alan Parsons Project – Turn Of A Friendly Card - 1980.   (via Jerry’s)
  • Stan Kenton – Artistry In Jazz - 1971.  (not sure where I picked this up, possibly from my father's collection.  it has been in my record stack fro a while)
  • Frank Sinatra – Swing Easy -1954 (via Jerry’s
  • Frank Sinatra – Songs For Swinging Lovers - 1956 (via Jerry’s
  • Frank Sinatra – Only The Lonely - 1958 (via my brother)
  • Triumvirat – Illusions On A Double Dimple - 1974 (via Jerry’s
  • Various Artists – Bluegrass – The Greatest Show On Earth - 1982 (I’ve owned this one for ~35 years)
  • Billy Joel - 52nd Street - 1978 (I've had this one for years, originally from mywife's record collection)
  • Brian Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets - 1974) I’ve owned this one for many many years)


 It is a kind of eclectic collection, but all good stuff.  Some from our trip to Jerrys, one from my brother, One I inherited when I got married (34 years ago!), a couple I bought new and one I'm not quite sure about.  And some very nice album covers, as well…

No comments: