Monday, April 23, 2018

Columbia Bottom Conservation Area


Columbia Bottom  is one of my more favored nature spots in the St. Louis area.  Just about 20 minutes from my home and not much further (in a different direction) from the Arch, but could be 1,000 miles or 100 years away.  I'm sure I've posted quite a few images from here over the years...  Like THIS ONE.

This is the Missouri River, maybe 1.5 miles upstream of the confluence with the Mississippi.  Photo is from last Saturday, when I made a late afternoon excursion.   this was taken with my iPhone, which seems to do a really good job with wide angle images.  I was trying to channel my inner Ansel Adams, and posted a B&W version to my Facebook.  I know, I'm nowhere near Ansel Adams' skills, but humor me.

Here's another from almost the same spot.  Not thrilled with this one, kind of weak composition:



No comments: