Monday, July 08, 2019

I See you

I took a bit of a walk yesterday afternoon, from the Old Troy Rd. Entrance for Glen Carbon Heritage Bike Trail, down to Greenspace East, the loop around there and back.    A tad over 2.5 miles, but we're talking July in St. Louis area, I think the Heat Index was 97.  Still, a nice outing, though I was a bit wet / sticky at the end.

Anyway, I was about 2/3 of the way around the loop when I noticed this deer maybe 30 years off in the overgrowth.  It held still long enough for me to manager a few photos, trying to shift to get the clearest shot.  The one here was the best:


This deer seemed pretty young to me, or was at lest a bit small (by deer standards).  Bigger than a fawn, but not full grown.

- - - -


Below is a bit more than 1/2 of the way around the park, the spot where I saw the seer would be off to the right, maybe 350-400 yards.


- - - -

Besides wanting the walk, I was hoping to see some birds.  Only one cooperated enough for a photo, a very cool little blue bird.  I wasn't able to get very close, but as best I can tell, I think it is a male Indigo Bunting.

Here's what I managed:



No comments: