Tuesday, September 24, 2019

What Can It Possibly Mean??

Looking at the stats function in Blogger today, interesting to see:


Where does my traffic come from?  Over the past month, looking at this blog, top 10 sources:

United States 38%
Sweden 27%
France 16%
United Arab Emirates 4%
Portugal 3%
Russia 2%
Ukraine 2%
Unknown Region 2%
Germany 1%
Egypt 1%


I would've expected it to be almost all USA, with a smattering of English speaking countries.  But it's not!  In fact, a rather eclectic mix, Quite a bit of Europe (47%), no Far East, Australia, or South America...  

I decided to see what the results were for my other blog:  Happenstance, which focuses on Black and White photos.  The top 10 sources over the last month:

United Kingdom 37%
Netherlands 23%
United States 18%
Germany 12%
Unknown Region 4%
Sweden 2%
Ukraine 2%
Russia 1%
Portugal 0.4%
France 0.4%

Pretty shocking (to me) that USA came in 3rd, at only 18%.  UK leads the pack at 37%, while not making Top 10 for LSquared.  A whopping 75% from Europe.  And again, nothing from Far East, Australia, or South America... 


I have no clue at all what it could possibly mean.


Another interesting thing:  Going back several years, LSquared has been more popular than Happenstance.  Until recently.  Looking at 6 month total page views, Happenstance overtook LSquared starting last April (2019) and opened up a rather notable lead.

Again, no clue what it means.  But since this is all for fun, and I don't generate any income from it*, it doesn't really matter.


* - you'll notice that there are ads on LSquared, but I've never accumulated enough clicks to earn a payout.  Frankly, I should figure out how to turn them off...


No comments: