Friday, October 11, 2019

I think It Is Finally Done

I think It Is Finally Done.  "The World In Black And White" blog, that is. 

The World In Black And White (TWIBW) started in June of 2008.  The point was a select group of photographers (I think it was limited to 25) who would post only Black and White photos.

Sometime around September 2012 a friend suggested I join / apply, and I was accpeted.  My first post was 9/26/2012.  I enjoyed it a lot back then, very cool being in the company of some excellent photographers, and I was getting orders-of-magnitude more views than over at my own blogs*.

Anyway, over time it seemed that folk were drifting away for TWIBW, and not being replaced.  Including the person who originally suggested the site to me.  IAt some point there was talk about transitioning to a Facebook Group, but I'm not sure that ever happened.

Bottom line, the site went from getting daily posts from several photographers, to a few posts per week from a few photographers.  And fewer posted each month, it seemed.  Still getting way more traffic than my blogs, but just not much fun.  And in late March of this year, I kind of faded away.  I'm devoting my Black and White energies to Happenstance.

I popped in to TWIBW today, and noticed it has been 9 weeks since anyone has posted there.  No posts in September, oand only three since May 19.  I think it's pretty much dead.

I suppose I should look through my posts there and make sure I have all of them...  I sure wish I could get that kind of traffic, though.




*  This blog has been around since September of 2004.  Happenstance Photography was started late September 2006, although the images prior to 9/2007 were lost due to a change in web hosting, and it had become pretty stagnant until August 2012, when I resurrected it as a Black and White only blog, more of less following the format of TWIBW).




No comments: