Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Locust Creek Covered Bridge



A couple of weeks ago the wife and I took a weekend jaunt.  From St. Louis over to KC, and then wandering back (via Hannibal, MO).  A "Quilt shops and Photo Ops" excursion. 

On the Eastbound drive, Driving across Missouri on Rt 36, we saw a brown sign" for Locust Creek Covered Bridge. A short drive off the highway, and a short walk later, we found this cool old covered bridge.  The bridge was built in 1868, and is apparently the longest of Missouri's four remaining covered bridges. These days, not only has the road moved, but also the creek, so it provides a walkway across a dry depression. Still cool.  History here.

I took this photo with my iPhone, mostly to get gps coordinates.  But I decided to play with this version using the processing tools on my phone, and was happy with the result.  Mostly the free ap Snapseed.  There's actually quite a bit of tweaking, trying to get an "old time" feel.

Here's the original "SOOC" version, for comparison, complete with finger edging into the top-left corner:



I entered this into the ETSOOI contest at 365project, and it made finalist.  Yay!




No comments: