Thursday, December 26, 2019

ACC-112: 47 Commando - There is no reason

Over at 365project, Album Cover Challenge #112 is just about closed.  I just got an entry in, almost missed it with the holiday business.  Meanwhile, it doesn't look like I ever posted my entry for ACC-111...  I suppose I ought to, or you can just click through and see it on 365project.

Anyway, here's my entry for ACC112.


Explanation of the game here:  Album Cover Challenge, round 112.


My random band name is:  47 Commando
"47 Commando (Raiding Group) Royal Marines, formerly 1 Assault Group Royal Marines (2001-2019), provides the Royal Marines expertise and training in small boat operations, both amphibious and riverine. In addition, it trains and parents the Assault Squadrons of the Royal Marines (ASRM) and their landing craft detachments.[1] It is based at RM Tamar in HMNB Devonport, Plymouth."


My album name is from a John Cage quote: The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason."

This is a older photo, just something I dug up on my hard drive that seemed to fit the title.  I think I was a little inspired by the album cover from Rusty Young's recent album.  Operative word being little.



Check out all of my album cover challenge entries here.

No comments: