Monday, January 06, 2020

2019 Year in Photography... Post 1 of ???

Not sure how many of these I'll end up doing, no more that 2 or 3....   But this is the first.

As the geeky person I am, I track my participation at 365project.org.  So what are the numbers from last year?

I posted 461 photos to the site just over 5 photos every 4 days.  Of course, the actual number of photos per day would vary quite a bit, within the range of 0-5 (I had 5 albums available during the year).  From those 461 photos, I had 144 selected for the site's "Popular" page, not quite 33%.  And 53 selected for the "Trending" page, a bit over 1 in 10 and a bit over 1/week average.

I'm pretty pleased with that.  By comparison, I had 344 photos in 2018, with 67 "Popular" and 13 Trending.  So, my rate of "Populars" was up 60%, and my rate of "Trendings" was up over 200%.  So, not just quantity, but (by one set of measures) quality.

One of my specific goals for the year was to enter more of the site's Challenges.  I already did a post on that (here).  I don't have numbers for 2018, but I'm sure my participation was a lot higher in 2019, and I'm satisfied with my rate of getting finalists (which was 43%).

I do plan to stick with 365project in 2020.  In fact, today (1/6) marks the first day of my 6th year there.  Pretty cool!


No comments: