Friday, May 01, 2020

10 Albums Influence 3-of-10

So, over on the Book of Face, I just did a challenge:  "Choose 10 albums that greatly influenced my taste in music.  post one album per day for 10 consecutive days.  No explanations, no reviews, just album covers."

Obviously, I had to do it.  But as hard as it was to pick 10 personally influential albums, it was harder yet to post with no explanations!!  Fortunately, I have no such restriction on my blog.  'Cause I make the rules!  So here we go, a reposting of the 10 albums I posted on Facebook, but now with a short explanation of each explain WHY I chose it as influential.

Note:  these are presented in the same random order I used over there....

Day 3 of 10

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon -1973

I made the comment once that this album was not just good, it was "important".  And I still feel that way.  It was released inn the spring of 1973, when I was in 7th grade.  A I don't remember exactly when I got the album, but it wasn't too much later. And it blew me away.  The soundscape, the lyrics, the overall look and feel.  It really opened my eyes to a broader scope of music than I'd previously listened to. 

DSOTM spent 741 weeks on Billboard's album charts, from 1973 to 1988. Kind of impressive...

I'm not sure Sark Side was ever my most played record, but it has gotten regular play for +45 years.

No comments: