Monday, May 04, 2020

10 Albums Influence 5-of-10

So, over on the Book of Face, I just did a challenge:  "Choose 10 albums that greatly influenced my taste in music.  post one album per day for 10 consecutive days.  No explanations, no reviews, just album covers."

Obviously, I had to do it.  But as hard as it was to pick 10 personally influential albums, it was harder yet to post with no explanations!!  Fortunately, I have no such restriction on my blog.  'Cause I make the rules!  So here we go, a reposting of the 10 albums I posted on Facebook, but now with a short explanation of each explain WHY I chose it as influential. And not exactly consecutive days, but hopefully close!

Note:  these are presented in the same random order I used over there....

Day 5 of 10



Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced Leh nerd skin nerd - 1973


During the mid to late 70's, I was a huge Southern Rock fan.  And this was the album that kicked it off.  I think it was sometime in '74 when I picked up this album, because of hearing Free Bird on the radio.  Not too long after, a friend introduced me me CDB (Fire On The Mountain) and MTB (Searchin' For A Rainbow) and it was off to the races.  But Skynyrd was my favorite, through most of High School and into college. I think this was the first album that I wore out and had to replace.  Either this or Skynyrd's live album...

The liner notes for the album listed who played "lead guitar" on each song.  I would try and discern the differences in each player's sound/style...  pretty geeky.



No comments: