Sunday, May 10, 2020

10 Albums Influence 6-of-10

So, over on the Book of Face, I recently did a challenge:  "Choose 10 albums that greatly influenced my taste in music.  post one album per day for 10 consecutive days.  No explanations, no reviews, just album covers."

Obviously, I had to do it.  But as hard as it was to pick 10 personally influential albums, it was harder yet to post with no explanations!!  Fortunately, I have no such restriction on my blog.  'Cause I make the rules!  So here we go, a reposting of the 10 albums I posted on Facebook, but now with a short explanation of each explain WHY I chose it as influential. And not exactly consecutive days, but t'll have to do!

Note:  these are presented in the same random order I used over there....

Day 6 of 10



Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue -1959

I didn't really discover Jazz until college, and this was the first album I owned  A great album, very accessible,  I had this on a cassette, and never did own it on vinyl.  Obviously,  I  have it on CD these days.  As noted on wikipedia:  "Kind of Blue has been regarded by many critics as the greatest jazz record, Davis's masterpiece, and one of the best albums of all time. Its influence on music, including jazz, rock, and classical genres, has led writers to also deem it one of the most influential albums ever recorded. The album was one of fifty recordings chosen in 2002 by the Library of Congress to be added to the National Recording Registry, and in 2003 it was ranked number 12 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. It was voted number 14 in Colin Larkin's All Time Top 1000 Albums."

It is still one of my favorite Jazz albums, but get's tagged here as the one that really got me exposed to the genre.


No comments: