Friday, May 29, 2020

Street View

Randomness....
I decided to check out Street View and see all of the places I've lived...  almost 60 years, 9 locations.  And all of them still show up in street view!  Here's what I found:

#1 Charleston WV
- - -
#2 Charleston, WV.
 - - -
#3 Pittsburgh, PA (Squirrel Hill)


- - -
#4 Pittsburgh (O'Hara Twp)

- - -
#5 Duke University (East Campus)
- - -
#6 Duke University (Central Campus
- - -
#7 Silver Spring MD
- - -
#8-Silver Spring, MD

- - -
#9 - Glen Carbon, IL


- - -
These street view photos were between a few months old and 13 years, so there's no guarantee that all the dwellings are still there.  In fact, I know that the Central Campus apartment (#6) was torn down last fall....  But those buildings are all at least 30 years old, and pretty sure #3 was built in 1920!  It is interesting that they all look pretty much the same as when I lived there.  Maybe a coat of paint, or new siding, or needs paint...  but no dramatic changes.

Granted, most of the photos don't really show the residence so well, but that's how street view works.

Still, a fun (for me) walk down memory lane.

No comments: