Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

 Anybody out there know about old watches?


I have an old wristwatch that appears to have belonged to my maternal grandmother (it has her initails monogrammed on the back).  The watch is labeled "Smith Patterson" followed by what looks like a number, perhaps "06",  or perhaps "CO" as in Company...   The word "Swiss" also appears on the face.  The face appears to be quite yellowed.

Based on the fact that it is engraved with my grandmothers maiden name, I'm presuming this was made prior to 1924 (when she married).  She was born / grew up in Quincy Massachusetts, I found a note on the internet that " Smith Patterson was a retail jeweler in Boston"

I can move the hands by raising the knob, but it does not move when down (to wind?).  I don't want to force anything, of course.



- - 



- - -



- - -




Any information would be apprciated!


No comments: