Saturday, May 07, 2022

Top 40 Music Debuts in 1972 - May 6, 1972


 The Billboard Charts were released on Saturday 5/6/1972...  Which fed directly into the American Top 40 radio show.  I enjoy looking back at the charts from 50 years ago to revisit the soundtrack of my youth.  I've been doing a monthly rundown for about a year and a half, usually posted sometime mid/late in the corresponding month.  As I was updating my 1971 spreadsheet this morning, I decided to do a quick look at this week, the first week of 1972.  We'll see if this becomes a regular thing.  ughts / comments welcome.

Let's get to it:

At #1 this week was The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, bt Roberta Flack.  In its 4 week at the top, equaling the 4 week runs fir American Pie and Without You from earlier in the year. 

The following songs made their Top 40 debut on 5/9/1972:

That's a pretty strong group of songs, and they're all in my collection. 




No comments: