Saturday, September 03, 2022

Grass growing on a fallen tree


 

Almost, but not quite...  I was feeling pretty good about this one when I spapped the shutter...  But once I pulled it up on the computer, it just didn't quite make it.  Oh, I think it;s OK, but just OK.  O think the muck in the water distracts from the scene, it would've been better if the water was clear.  But you take what you're given and try to make the most of it.

There's acyually quite a lot of post processing here, more than I'd normally use.  The last but was sort of happenstance.  I had processed, and saved the image, and was posting to Instagram.  I was resetting for 1:1 sizing (in instagram), and mis-clicked 16:9 ratio.  And I decided I liked that a lot better.  So I went back to Photoshop (Elements) and re-cropped to 16:9.  

Anywat, what do YOU think?  Is it garbage, a secret masterpiece, or just "meh"?  Let me know in the comments.


-----------------------------------


And, here's the original straight Out Of Camera (SOOC) version.




1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog.
I think it's been years since we commented.
Your work is terrific and I do love all of your B&W images.
This one doesn't do too much for me but I think you did a good job of cleaning it up. Just my opinion..not a critic by any means.
Sue