Tuesday, May 30, 2023

1973 In Music - May's Almost Made the Charts

 Continuing my look at songs that dropped off the charts during the month, but never made the Top 40.  And for the May, I counted 11.  That's notably fewer than any month this year, the next closest is April with 16/  


Here they are, with peak position noted:

  • Cindy Incidentally - Faces - 48
  • Who Was It? - Hurricane Smith - 49
  • If We Try - Don McLean - 58
  • Dancing To Your Music - Archie Bell and the Drells - 61
  • Always - Luther Ingram - 64
  • Everything's Been Changed - The 5th Dimension - 70
  • People Are Changin' - Timmy Thomas - 75
  • Am I Black Enough For You - Billy Paul - 79
  • Only Love - Bill Quateman - 86
  • Dueling Tubas - Martin Mull and Orchestra - 92
  • Let Me Down Easy - Cornelius Brother and Sister Rose - 96

Cindy Incidentally is the only one of these I have, originally from a multi-artist compillation.  But I now have the associated Faces album.

No comments: