Sunday, July 16, 2023

Why Bother?

 I'm over 1/2 way through my 4th year doing monthly reviews of the Top 40 charts from 50 years ago.  Starting with January 2020, through July 2023, just posted yesterday.

I decided to look at see how popular this has been through the years.  Looking at views, as reported in blogger, the most popular post was September 2020, with a paltry 39 views.  Ouch.  Worse is the steady decline since then.



So what of it?  At time i wonder why I do it.  I mostly do it for myself, but I could study the charts w/o bothering with the blog post.  I certainly don't pest as often (photos etc) as I used to, I've largely shifted to Instagram, where a photo probably gets 10x the views.  I think that the era of blogging is probably long gone.  On the other hand, I kind of like that I've been here since 2004.  And it does document that I've been using the LSquared Imaging name for almost 20 years.  (Reality is that I was using it before 2004, but can't document it).

Anyway, this isn't meant to be a rant...  although I'll tag it as such.  Maybe just musing.  

I'm sure I'll continue these posting through the end of 2023.  We'll see after that.




No comments: