Monday, October 16, 2023

19,144 Songs

 Not long ago, I mentioned to somebody that my iPod had over 16,000 songs on it, and asked “Do you even listen to all of them?”

We’ll, I think so, but wasn’t really sure.  So I decided to check (looking at iTunes):

First off. As of 10/13/2023, I have 19,144 songs on the iPod.  That’s a lot more than the 16k I had thought.  That covers all genres of music.

As to if they all get listened to?  Sorting the library by “Last Played”, I determined

  • Almost 1/3 of my library (31.1%) has been played in the past year.    
  • Not quite 1/2 (49.7%) has been played in the last 2 years.  
  • Over 2/3 (67.9%) in the past 3 years
  • Over 3/4 (76.2%) in the past 4 years
  • Almost 4/5 (79.6%) in the past 5 years.

I figure that’s pretty decent.  There’s a lot of songs that I have more than 1 copy 
(like greatest hits albums and album versions).  
Or songs that I acquired as part of an anthology collection (but didn’t like).  
But it does flag that I should do a little cleanup.


No comments: