Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hot 100 Chart, 1975-03-22


Last Tuesday, I listed the Top 10 songs in the country on 3/15/1975. Thirty-Six years ago today (3/22/1975), there were a few changes from the prior week.  Black Water (Doobie Brothers) dropped from #1 to $3, while My Eyes Adored You (Frankie Valli) nudged up a spot to the top position.  There were 3 new songs in the Top 10:
Dropping out of the Top 10:  Lady - Styx (#12), Can't Get It Out Of My Head - ELO (#18), Lonely People - America (#27).

Notable debuts this week? 

Slim pickings.  Only 8 songs debutted, the highest open was #81, Shakey Ground - Temptations.  The only one I recognize is Thank God I'm A Country Boy - John Denver, started it's run to #1 at a humble #82.

The image today doesn't have anything to do with the music, but does relate to the time of year. This was shot early spring, 3 years ago, somewhere between Pullman, WA and Spokane.

No comments: