Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013 - The Year In (my) Photos

Ansel Adams said "Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."  Last January, I used this quote as an inspiration to pick my 12 favorite images from 2012.  So, as 2013 draws to a close, I figured to repeat the exercise.  Unfortunately, 2013 was not a particularly busy year for me, at least from a photographic standpoint.  As reflected on this blog, where my posting was lowest in many years.  So, did I make up for it in quality? 

Well, here's 12 of my favorites, looking at this blog, and my Black and White focused Happenstance Photography.  Arranged oldest to newest.  Click on the text to go to the original post (and larger image)













Verdict??  I'd love to hear your thoughts...  But from my standpoint, it's a better crop than I expected when I started reviewing.  Nothing "significant" from an Ansel Adams point of view, but there's a few here I rather like.  I should probably get prints of a couple.

Half of these are from the Edwardsville-Glen Carbon area, and all but 2 are from St. Louis Metro East.  Just goes to show...

New year's resolution for 2014??  MORE PHOTOGRAPY!

No comments: