Saturday, August 03, 2019

August 1989, On The Radio

It's been a while since I've done a historical chart review, let me know if you like ity, I'll try and keep it going!

- - - -

August, 1989, 30 years ago.What was on the music charts??  Here's the top songs of the month, ranked by average chart* position.  Peak position during the month is listed parenthetically.

  1. Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx (1 - 3 weeks)
  2. On Our Own (From "Ghostbusters II") - Bobby Brown (2)
  3. Cold Hearted - Paula Abdul (2)
  4. Once Bitten Twice Shy - Great White (5)
  5. Batdance (From "Batman") - Prince (1)
  6. Don't Wanna Lose You - Gloria Estefan (4)
  7. I Like It - Dino (7)
  8. Hangin' Tough - New Kids On The Block (3)
  9. So Alive - Love And Rockets (3)
  10. Secret Rendezvous - Karyn White (6)
  11. Friends - Jody Watley With Eric B. & Rakim (9)
  12. The End Of The Innocence - Don Henley (8)
  13. Toy Soldiers - Martika (5)
  14. Lay Your Hands On Me - Bon Jovi (7)
  15. Angel Eyes - The Jeff Healey Band (10)
  16. Sacred Emotion - Donny Osmond (13)
  17. Keep On Movin' - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler) (14)
  18. If You Don't Know Me By Now - Simply Red (10)
  19. Headed For A Heartbreak - Winger (19)
  20. Shower Me With Your Love - Surface (12)

So...  By 1989 I was pretty much out of "pop" music, so it isn't too surprising that I only own one of these songs (End Of The Innocence).  But I only recognize 5 or 6 of these by name.  

I made a playlist on Spotify if anybody's interested!


Billboard Hot 100 singles charts

No comments: